Blog

Goodnight Sunshine – The Wife’s Perspective, Part 7

Today’s the day! The last post in this series! And Mark’s book is for real!

The past couple of weeks have been a blur. We ordered bookmarks, chose a printer, placed the print order, delivered press releases, confirmed a reading at Gibsons Public Library, hosted a small pre-launch party for Mark, and prepared Mark’s website and our publishing website for managing book sales. The most exciting news is that Mark started writing his next novel! I think he is starting to feel like an author.

Thanks so much for reading Goodnight Sunshine – The Wife’s Perspective. I really appreciate your support in following along with the blog. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go do the dishes and the laundry.

Oh, you’re all waiting for the happy ending, right? Amidst the chaos of running three or more businesses, our kids’ unschooling, and trying to keep up with family and friends and our hobbies — yup, it’s pretty happy.

______________________________________________________________________

Goodnight Sunshine is available in paperback through Catch Our Drift Productions, and at our local bookstore — Talewind Books (in store by Dec 4, 2015). We aim to distribute to other independent bookstores in due time.

Goodnight Sunshine will also be making appearances on/at:

December 5, 2015: Mark Cameron author reading at Gibsons Public Library, 2pm

December 5 and 6, 2015: the consignment table during the European Christmas Market at the Gibsons Public Market

December 12 and 13, 2015: at the Festive Sale at the Arts Building in Gibsons

Stay tuned for information about Mark Cameron’s BC book tour planned for June, 2016!

14 Responses

• Nov 26, 2015

Thanks for sticking with me throughout this whole book-writing journey! And for doing so many dishes and laundry. Love, Mark xoxo

Mark Nov 26, 2015
    • Sheila Cameron
      Nov 26, 2015

It was supposed to be a movie! Maybe one day …! xoxo to you too!

Sheila Cameron Nov 26, 2015
  • Mark Yellowley
    Nov 26, 2015

forget the laundry… we want to see your novel too!
    Congrats to both of you, for the edit and the writing,
    and all that goes along with it all. You guys are an
    inspiration. Love you all.

Mark Yellowley Nov 26, 2015
    • Sheila Cameron
      Nov 26, 2015

Thanks so much Mark Y. Glad our families continue to inspire each other!

Sheila Cameron Nov 26, 2015
  • Margaret Peterson
    Nov 26, 2015

Way to go, Sheila… I just know you did a great job on the editing. Now let the author do the darned dishes!

Margaret Peterson Nov 26, 2015
    • Sheila Cameron
      Nov 27, 2015

Hahahaha! Thanks for the compliment … and the suggestion. I feel pretty fortunate that Mark does most of the cooking, and the dishes continue to be a great distraction for me from writing.

Sheila Cameron Nov 27, 2015
  • Sandra
    Nov 26, 2015

Congratulations to both of you on this great accomplishment! I loved reading your perspective. Thanks for taking the time to share! And I love the happy ending. Xoxo

Sandra Nov 26, 2015
    • Sheila Cameron
      Nov 27, 2015

Thank you Sandra. I’m looking forward to seeing your first book in print soon too. You have a great message to share.

Sheila Cameron Nov 27, 2015
  • Tricia
    Nov 26, 2015

Congrats Mark. I have already ordered two books, great Christmas present, and can’t wait to get it. Best of luck to you and thanks Sheila for your amazing posts as well. Hugs to you both.

Tricia Nov 26, 2015
    • Sheila Cameron
      Nov 27, 2015

Thanks Trish, It was great to have you following along and cheerleading from the beginning. Your books will ship by December 4. Hugs back to you!

Sheila Cameron Nov 27, 2015
  • Nov 26, 2015

You did it. You really did it! Well, I’d like a copy please! Congratulations to both of you!

Paula Howley Nov 26, 2015
    • Sheila Cameron
      Nov 27, 2015

Thanks so much Paula. I will bring you a copy next week! We’re looking forward to seeing your memoir in print soon too. In the meantime, keep up the great work helping writers learn to be better speakers!

Sheila Cameron Nov 27, 2015
  • Joanne Rebner
    Dec 22, 2015

It is nice to read the blog and obtain a deeper perspective, of what you two, and the kids have been through. Gaining an appreciation for the effort spent. Congrats. Karl and I are enjoying the book!

Joanne Rebner Dec 22, 2015
    • Sheila Cameron
      Dec 22, 2015

Hi Joanne, It was a good exercise to think back on the whole process and record it. I’m sure you guys can relate to the challenges of a large creative project–Goodnight Sunshine was originally supposed to be a movie (inspired in part by Karl’s undertaking of The Princess Bride Retold) but at this point, we are thrilled to have completed the novel. I’m glad you guys are enjoying it! Thanks for commenting!

Sheila Cameron Dec 22, 2015